Waqrapukara full day tour
Waqrapukara archaeological complex is located in the district of Pomacanchi in the province of Acomayo at (4,300 meters). Castilian means “Waqra” means “Horn” and “Pukara” meaning “Strength”, then Waqrapukara means strength of the horn.
Also it is known as Llamapuka by the people and say they are no horn but stops ears are a flame.
We will pick you up from your hotel at 5:00 am with our private transport, then we will begin our journey in direction to the south of the city of Cusco to bridge Chuquicahuana, where we will change the head of the journey to the southeast and our first stop is the Pomacanchis lagoon located at an altitude of 3600 meters, here appreciate the exit of the sun and we will take the first photos of the trip.
Continuing our journey we arrive at the Sangarara village where we stop for breakfast that will be make by our profesional chefs, then we will continue our journey in our car to the community of Campy 3850 meters from where we start our walk from a total of 9 kilometers approximately until the wonder of Waqrapukara.
The walk offers a unique and incomparable scenery, passing through valleys, you gorges, stone forests, and also have the opportunity to photograph paintings of the first people who lived in these places, around 11:00 am we will arrive Wonder of Waqrapukara, after visiting with our guide every space of this sacred enclosure will return by the same route to the village of Campy where we enjoy our lunch.
After our lunch we return to the city of Cusco, arrival time approximately 6:30 pm.
- Pick up from you hotel.
- Round trip transportation in our bus (bed sit).
- 1 Buffet lunch (eat as much as you like!)
- Hot drinks.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant tour Guide (only for 9 people or more)
- First Aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Entrance fee.
- Horse for emergencies.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list
- Walking stick USD 5.00 (each).
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Horse for entire trip (USD 35.00)
What you need to take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Extra money, minimum 250.00 soles (USD $80.00)
Private service price 2020
Private (Imperial) Service Price: We run this tour only as a Private Service
- USD 199.00 per person for a Group of 2 people (prices reduce if there are more people in your group).
- USD 165.00 per person for a Group of 3 people.
- USD 140.00 per person for a Group of 4 people.
- USD 120.00 per person for a Group of 5 people.
- USD 99.00 per person for a Group of 6 people.
- USD 90.00 per person for a Group of 7 people.
- USD 75.00 per person for a Group of 8 +
Important: Max. Group Size 16 people with 2 Guides.