Humantay lake 1 day hike
Humantay, it is a small tourquoise glacial lake fed by the melting snow of the Humantay mountain (5967m) and located at 4,261 meteres above sea level.
It aproximately takes 1 hour and 45 minutes climbing up the mountain from Soraypampa (3,820m) which is the 1st campiste of the 5 day Salkantay to Machu Picchu trek.
Surrounded by an incredible view of mountains including the Salkantay (6,271meters) it is definelity a small day hike you should not miss while in Cusco !
Bus trip from Cusco to starting point: Aprox. 3 hours.
Level of difficulty: Moderately difficult/Challenging.
2 day trip
Humantay lake is also available a 2 day trip - please ask us
- Pick up from you hotel (04:30)
- Round trip transportation in our private bus.
- 1 Buffet lunch (eat as much as you like!)
- Hot drinks.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Assistant tour Guide (only for 9 people or more)
- First Aid kit and Oxygen bottle.
- Entrance fee.
- Alcoholic drinks and others not mentioned on the list
- Walking stick USD 5.00 (each).
- Rain poncho (can be bought anywhere in the city or along the trail).
- Horseback ride (up and down).
What you need to take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rainjacket, gloves)
- Walking boots.
- Walking sticks
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat + sunglasses.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- Extra money, minimum 250.00 soles (USD $80.00)
Private service price 2020
Private (Imperial) Service Price: We run this tour only as a Private Service
- USD 199.00 per person for a Group of 2 people (prices reduce if there are more people in your group).
- USD 165.00 per person for a Group of 3 people.
- USD 140.00 per person for a Group of 4 people.
- USD 120.00 per person for a Group of 5 people.
- USD 99.00 per person for a Group of 6 people.
- USD 90.00 per person for a Group of 7 people.
- USD 75.00 per person for a Group of 8 +
Important: Max. Group Size 16 people with 2 Guides.